Sunday 3 June 2018

My poor radishes

I haven't managed to get up to the plot for two days. I've just come back from a nighttime watering run and I'm devistated.
The plot looks a right mess!
Bloody creeper vines EVERYWHERE so much that you can barely see the onions and something has been eating my radishes!
I'm gutted.

All this lovely weather and a bit of rain has made everything go crazy. The weeds and the pests especially. I'm going to sit here with my tea of not home-grown food and wallow in self pity.

I think that flea beetles have had the radishes, though there was a lot of ants in the soil, could they be the culprits?

I'll go back up tomorrow with a fresh head to tackle the weeds and rip out the rest of the munched radishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Growing, harvesting and storing Edamame (soya) beans

If anything at the plot has loved the long hot summer it has been the soya beans. They originate from Asia and can be seen on the menu of ...